lunes, 29 de abril de 2019

Fifth Task

ARABS STEREOTYPES 

1. Arabs are very loud and always sound like they're angry. 

From my experience, Arabs always sound angry. I met some Arabs during my stay in America last year. I was attending the first class at the university when I first had the chance to know those people. The first task the teacher asked us was to introduce ourselves so that we could get to know to each other. There were 3 people from Saudi Arab. The first thing I noticed from them was that they had a particular way of talking. I thought that all of them were family because of their phisical appearance and because of the way they talked. They all sounded mad. However, I didn't pay much attention to it. The next class we were talking about a piece of news that let us all shocked at the moment (I don't quite remember) and we decided to discuss that at the begining of the class. Same like the previous class, all of the Arabs in the class sounded mad. I couldn't believe it. That was shocking for me because it was happening all over again. Three or four classes passed by and I finally had the opportunity to get along with one of them and I decided to ask about that particular way of talking. That was when I realized that is how they express themselves. 

2. Arabs like showing off and their bling. 

I experienced the same. Arabs love shining and wearing expensive clothing accesories. Whenever and wherever I met with the Arabs the always wore a lot of jewelry on them. 

3. Arab girls are expected to be submissive: cook, clean and be a good wife. 

In the video, it shows that is a myth and true. However, all of my three Arab friends told me that it happened a lot but in old times not now. They both, men and women believed that women were more than just that and that they respect a lot women empowerment. 

4. Arab men are very jealous and possessive. 

Personally, I was dating an Arab guy who lives close to the suburb where I was living in America and something I absolutely hated from him was that he was absolutely jealous and controlling. He always wanted to know what I was doing during the whole day. He would text me 10 or 15 times a day asking me about what I was doing. Fortunately, I decided to stop that and I let him know that I wasn't used to that in my home country and asked him to respect my free time. He agreed but I couldn't handle that. He never stopped. Finally, I got pretty tired and sick of that situation and we ended up being just friends. 

5. Arab men will spoil you like there's no tomorrow. 

That is absolutely right. The same guy I was dating as above mentioned would buy me as many stuff as he could. That was something unstoppable. I wasn't used to that before and he would day everytime we saw each other. He never ever went to my house without having an expensive present for me. It was something unique because Latin men do almost the same but they do not expend as much as Arabs do. This guy would had spent all of his money on buying me presents for no reasons. That was quite weird until I talked to one Arab girl from my class at the university and she told me that they will give you even all the money they had for no reason only if they are crazy for you. That was when I understood that Arabs love spoiling girls. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

My Weekly Journals

Week 1 It is meaningful to remember that, since the first day of the two allowed weeks for observation, I started to ...